Escala, a project by Meridian Development, sits in one of the most storied neighbourhoods in Saskatoon. Steps away from the hustle and bustle of Broadway Avenue, yet secluded on University Drive, it offers a mix of apartment-style and townhouse-style condos for those who love the refined life.
Located at 637 University Drive, this luxurious residence is also one of the safest and secure properties in Saskatoon.
Protection for this project included:
Live Video Monitoring
- Construction phase
- REEDHD™ security cameras protected the perimeter of the site
- Reduces theft and liability
- Provides accountability
- Monitoring Team dispatches the Police and notifies the client if an intruder enters the property
- Smartphone app
REEDHD™ Security Cameras
- Smart Cameras with Face and License Plate recognition
- Interior Protection - main entrance, hallways, parking garage
- Exterior Protection - entrances, perimeter of building
- IR Nightvision for clear images during low light conditions
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) for bright light conditions
- Desktop and smartphone apps
- Restricts access to the property
- Keyless entry - no more keys to replace
- Integration with intercom
- Controls Who goes Where and When
- User Reports
- Desktop and smartphone apps
Fire Alarm Monitoring
“Reed Security provided us with great service throughout construction, we look forward to working with them again in the future.”
-Karl Miller, CEO, Meridian Development
Thanks Karl !!
If you need Smarter Security and Fire protection for your building or next project please contact us today.
We would be happy to provide a No Obligation Security Review.
306.653.3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Property that has two or more tenants is considered a multi-tenant property. This could be retail, industrial, office, condominium or an apartment building. Managing the security systems of multi-tenant properties can be a challenge for landlords and property managers - especially if the security systems are from different security providers.
We have extensive experience designing centrally managed security systems for housing authorities, property management companies, landlords, housing co-operatives, REITs, development companies and condominium corporations. Our security systems are remotely managed via easy-to-use central management software and high speed internet connections.
Instead of going to the property every time you need to change an access code or retrieve the footage from a security camera for the Police, you can login with apps for your PC, tablet or smartphone. This is a huge time saver! We can manage the security of your properties for you when you subscribe to a Concierge Service Plan.
We design layered security solutions that will save you time and money. The amount of security layers we implement are based on your needs and budget.
- Reduces Theft, Provides Accountability, Restricts Access
- Burglar, Fire, Medical, Temperature, Flood
- 24/7 ULC Monitoring service with POLICE and FIRE dispatch; Call List notification
- 3G/4G ALARM.COM Cellular Signaling – no phone line required
- Control with your PC / MAC / Android / iPhone / iPad
- User Code Control and User Reports via apps
- Instant Alerts via text and email
- Reduces Theft, Restricts Access
- Control Who Goes Where and When
- Control Doors, Elevators, Gates
- No More Keys to replace – delete users instantly
- HINT: Charge tenants a $20 refundable deposit for access keytags/cards
- Programmable schedules – weekday, weekend, holidays
- Optional: Intercom - Telephone-based or I.P. based
- Intercom Master Station at main entrance, NO tenant stations
- HINT: Save $$$ by not running wires to every suite
- Intercom Dials landline or cell phone, Door Release from phone
- Access programming on your PC / Android / iPhone / iPad
LAYER 3: REEDHD™ SECURITY CAMERAS
- Reduces Theft, Provides Accountability
- 1080P to 12MP HD (4x to 39x better quality than standard definition)
- HINT: Mount entrance cameras at 5 feet from the ground to Record Faces
- Records 24/7; providing video evidence of activities for 10 to 60+ days
- Access to cameras on your PC / MAC / Android / iPhone / iPad
- HINT: Do NOT use wireless, use wired only
- Reduces Theft, Reduces Liability, Provides Accountability, Fire Protection
- Intervention while a crime is in progress – catch intruders in the act
- Intervention while a fire is in progress – reduce losses
- POLICE and FIRE dispatch; Call List notification
- 25% to 50% Less expensive than security guards
- Approved by Insurance Companies as an alternative to Night Watchman
LAYER 5: FIRE SYSTEM MONITORING
- In 2018 Fire Departments across Saskatchewan started enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561 national standard
- Fire Inspectors or contracted Fire Protection System companies will be ask you for your CAN/ULC-S561 certificate
- The majority of buildings will not meet this national standard and upgrades will be required to obtain a CAN/ULC-S561 certificate
- Failure to present proper documentation will result in deficiencies and can delay occupancy until the deficiencies have been remedied
- Fire systems must be monitored by 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations
- 2 paths of communication: Phone line + cellular communication
- Security Company must attend site within 4 hours
If you would like more information on centrally managed security systems that can save you time and money - We Can Help!
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE SECURITY EVALUATION
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE
Every year 30,000+ Security Geeks (oops...Gurus) attend the biggest security expo in North America. Check out this year's security innovations.
We connected with suppliers to negotiate the best pricing and brought the latest crime fighting technology back for our Clients and Dealers. Would you rather deal with the Dinosaurs that never change or the People that believe in Innovation?
The next generation DSC iotega is Secure, Simple and Scalable. The iotega is not designed to be mounted to a wall like a traditional security system. Instead this unit can sit on a counter or entertainment system rack or cabinet. It's designed to be keypad free and controlled with the ALARM.COM smartphone app (July 2018). You can arm/disarm from the built in keypad or add a wire free keypad. We've been selling the award winning Qolsys IQ Panel 2 for the past 6 months and our clients love them! Comes with a beautiful 7" HD touchscreen, built in ALARM.COM radio and training videos. You won't find another security and automation system with more features.
COMING SOON. The IQ Panel 2 will have three different versions - all with Power G wireless that has an incredible range of 1.6 km. Choose from Power G + ITI 319.5, Power G + Honeywell/2GIG 345 or Power G + DSC 433. It's never been easier to upgrade to an IQ Panel 2 no matter what security system you currently have - we can use your existing wireless sensors.
Over 5 million people trust ALARM.COM installation partners such as Reed Security to protect their homes and businesses. From one single smartphone app you can control your smart security system, smart lights, smart locks, smart garage doors, smart thermostat, HD cameras, wi-fi doorbell camera and more... Lower cost and easier to use access control is here. After a year of testing with installation partners ALARM.COM is making a big push into commercial access control. No expensive PC/Server costs or up front software costs. Instead clients will subscribe to a monthly plan and use the ALARM.COM Windows and iOS smartphone apps to add/delete users, create locking schedules and review user history. It's easy to integrate with alarm systems and ALARM.COM cameras. This is a game changer!
COMING SOON TO CANADA. Self monitoring of People and Vehicle Detection analytics. Video is stored locally and to the Avigilon Blue Cloud. Receive instant video alerts to your smartphone when you have an unwanted intruder. A monthly subscription is required.
Avigilon Unusual Motion Detection (UMD) technology is an advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technology that brings a new level of automation to surveillance, by revealing events that may have otherwise been missed.
Without any predefined rules or setup, Avigilon Unusual Motion Detection technology is able to continuously learn what typical activity in a scene looks like, and then detect and flag unusual motion.
Hikvision’s DeepInMind Series NVR is the first embedded NVR based on a deep learning algorithm executed by its GPU, making it faster and more accurate than conventional CPUs. This NVR effectively filters out alarms triggered by animals and inanimate objects, with greater than 90% accuracy.
Hikvision is the largest video surveillance company in the world and has over 25,000 employees. We toured their 2 million square foot factory in China last year and met with Jeffrey He - the President of Hikvision North America at the show. (He's a pretty big deal in the security world.)
To see all the 2018 Security Innovations please visit our FaceBook Page.
Did you ever have a stranger drive into your yard and ask for directions? Keep on reading...
There's been a lot of attention about farmers, protection and guns in the media recently. At Reed Security we've seen an increase of 25% about farm security, cabin security and acreage security over the past two years.
So, what are people concerned about? We interviewed Dave and Vicki Dutton from Dutton Farms in Paynton, SK about their concerns and here's what we found:
WHAT ARE FARMERS CONCERNED ABOUT?
"Theft is our biggest concern. We can't always be at the farm to keep an eye on things". Here were their concerns:
- home break-in
- shop break-in
- vehicle theft
- fuel theft
- theft of keys
- theft of wallets, cash, credit cards, ID
- theft of guns
- theft of tools
- theft of chemicals
"We live on a busy highway and a number of people come into our yard. When a lost stranger drives into your yard and asks for directions - are they really lost? Or could it be that they're scoping your place out?"
Just about everybody has maps on their smartphones. You should pay particular attention to the make and model of the vehicle and even the license plate if you can. Also make notes about the person's description and age. The Police will need this information in the event of a reported theft.
5 SOLUTIONS TO INCREASE FARM PROTECTION NOW
Better security is a better solution. Reed Security recommends installing several layers of security instead of relying on only one.
- Install an Alarm System with 24/7 Monitoring in your Home and Shop
-coverage on doors and windows
-smart motion sensor coverage in common spaces and hallways
-consider fire, low temp. and flood protection
-consider installing ALARM.COM smart security automation
-we notify you, the neighbors and the Police
-you may qualify for an Insurance Discount of up to 25%
-lock your doors when you leave the yard
- Install ReedHD Cameras
-up to 26x more detail than standard definition
-we know which cameras to install where
-ability to record Faces and License plates*
-see in the dark
-records for 10 to 30 days before recycling data
-Smart Phone apps to remotely see cameras from Anywhere
- Install ReedHD Smart Cameras
-all the features of ReedHD Cameras
-People and Vehicle Detection analytics
-ignores all other objects such as birds or animals
-People and Vehicle Detection alerts are sent to your smartphone app
- Get Your Cameras remotely Monitored with UCIT Video Monitoring
-trained operators receive alerts from ReedHD Smart Cameras
-operators perform a remote look in video tour
-we notify you, the neighbors and the Police
-choose a schedule
- Advertise Your Active Security Measures
-install warning signage and decals
-show your friends, family and neighbors your security measures including your smartphone apps
-thieves think twice before targeting farms with active security measures
We have some other common sense Security Tips
that you should check out.
If you are having a problem with theft (or would like to avoid one) , We Can Help!
SASKATOON SECURITY INQUIRIES...CALL 306.653.3200
REGINA SECURITY INQUIRIES...CALL 306.206.0700
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY INQUIRIES...CALL 306.922.7200
CALGARY SECURITY INQUIRIES...CALL 587.393.2800
Impact Diesel Performance recently partnered with Reed Security to Decrease Theft and Losses at their new showroom, shop, and compound located at 4002 Burron Avenue, Saskatoon, SK.
"Reed Security was very helpful setting up our new system for video monitoring for our new location. The software is easy to use with the remote access capability. They have answered every question promptly and we look forward to working more with Virgil and his staff."
-Joe & Cindy Parker, Owners
We designed a layered security solution consisting of:
- ReedHD™ Hi-Def Cameras - Records faces & License Plates
- After Hours UCITonline Video Monitoring Service; our Emergency Operators
- Perform live look-in's every 12 to 15 minutes
- Respond to smart camera alerts
- Notify the client and the POLICE
- Easy-to-Use Video Management Software - "Review Hours in Minutes"
- All events are recorded in HD 14 to 30 days
- Protected by Reed Security Warning signage
- PC, iPhone, iPad, Android apps.
- Reed Concierge Plan: 100% parts & labour warranty, preventative maintenance with annual site visit, and HelpDesk support
If you would like more information on any Reed Security Product or Service please
FREE ESTIMATES in Prince Albert call 306.922.7200
FREE ESTIMATES in Saskatoon call 306.653.3200
Impact Diesel Performance is a business that is geared towards one thing... Your Diesel Trucks Performance! Don't let the name fool you, performance does not just mean high horsepower. IDP is dedicated to giving your truck the maintenance and performance it deserves.
Regardless of the type of diesel truck that you own, Impact Diesel Performance is the first place to stop by and see.
Take a few minutes and come by the shop and discuss what you want out of your diesel truck. They are located at 4002 Burron Avenue in Saskatoon, SK. Or feel free to call and discuss your complete power needs at (306) 649-FUEL (3835).