IF YOU HAVE A FIRE ALARM SYSTEM OR FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM AT YOUR BUILDING - YOU WILL BE IMPACTED.
WHAT TYPES OF BUILDINGS WILL BE IMPACTED?
- Most buildings with fire alarm systems or fire sprinkler systems.
- Apartment Buildings
- Condominium Buildings
- High Rise Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Educational Buildings, Schools
- Public Buildings - Arenas, Stadiums, Performance Venues, Movie Theaters
- Hospitals, Care Homes
- Prisons, Jails
FIRE ALARM MONITORING 101
- Fire alarm systems are designed to detect a fire in your building and alert the occupants to evacuate.
- Fire sprinkler systems are similar and have the added ability to suppress a fire.
- Neither has the ability to alert the Fire Department of a fire at your building - unless you add a fire monitoring system and 24/7 ULC Monitoring service plan with Fire Alarm, Fire Trouble and Fire Supervisory detection.
- A Reed Security ULC Certified technician can install a fire alarm monitoring transmitter that meets the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard.
BRANDS WE MONITOR
- Johnson Controls, JCI
- Silent Knight
- Simplex Grinnell
- Troy Life & Fire Safety
- United Technologies
WHAT IS CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- It's the fire monitoring standard written by the Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- It's the standard that is referenced in Building Codes and Fire Codes.
- It provides maximum protection and safety.
- It governs how fire monitoring equipment is installed, how it communicates and how its maintained.
- It governs how 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations are built and how they receive signals from your building.
WHY DO YOU NEED CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- Fire Departments across Saskatchewan, including the Saskatoon Fire Department, are now enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- Building Inspectors and Fire Inspectors are performing random inspections and will request to see your ULC Certificate.
- Most properties WILL NOT have a ULC Certificate (as the standard was not enforced in Saskatchewan until recently).
- If you cannot produce a ULC Certificate there will be a deficiency placed against your building and you will be provided some time to get obtain one.
- Failure to produce a ULC Certificate can result in large fines and delayed building occupancy.
- The ULC Certificate is the only physical proof that your site meets the ULC Standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- If your security alarm provider CANNOT issue a ULC Certificate they are not providing ULC-level monitoring.
- Reed Security is ULC Certified for both installation and monitoring; Reed Security can issue a ULC Certificate.
- CONTACT US today for your no obligation fire monitoring evaluation.
"CES2019 SECURITY PRODUCT OF THE YEAR"
Smart Signal gives you a direct connection to Reed Security's 24/7 Monitoring Stations from anywhere, using only your Alarm.com app.
Smart Signal has simple emergency buttons within your Alarm.com app. These buttons let you quickly verify an alarm at your property to expedite emergency response, cancel a false alarm easily, or send a PANIC signal from your home or business if you discover an emergency yourself.
Smart Signal's CANCEL and VERIFY buttons only appear in alarm events. To confirm or verify the alarm, all you'll need to do is HOLD the relevant button for three seconds.
You can also trigger a PANIC signal for HELP! in a broad range of emergencies.
To enable Smart Signal or for more information on Smart Home/Business solutions please contact Reed Security or a Reed Security Authorized Dealer.
SASKATOON SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE (7233)
PRINCE ALBERT SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
CALGARY SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
REGINA SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
Every year 30,000+ Security Geeks (oops...Gurus) attend the biggest security expo in North America - ISCWest. Charge!
We connected with suppliers to negotiate the best pricing and brought the latest smart home and smart business technology back for our Clients and Dealers. Would you rather deal with the Dinosaurs that never change or the People that believe in Innovation?
The biggest advantages of using these sister product lines are integration and one app to control your security solutions. True convenience!
Senior Account Executive, Geoff Assman (right), connected with Kantech Field Application Specialist, Tom Giftochristos, to review the new features in Kantech EntraPass v8.0 including mobile app enhancements and a redesigned web interface. NEW: Reed Security now offers Kantech Hattrix cloud-based access control. No server or up front software costs + no backups required. Conveniently manage your locations from your smartphone or desktop. Requires high-speed internet at the secured premises. Contact us for pricing details. Automatic Systems has a fence barrier solution that ties into keyless entry systems. Restrict traffic in and out of your compound. Check out the video. We visited our partner HIKvision with our Brand Ambassadors, Rain and Meadow. What's more fun than demoing HIKCentral Management software on four 65" screens?
HikCentral is a video business intelligence solution that provides features such as facial recognition, face matching and searching and people counting. Businesses can improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
Using deep learning technology, AcuSense detects humans and vehicles and filters out unwanted false alarms.
When a human or vehicle is detected a strobe light and audible alarm are triggered - a huge deterrence for unwanted visitors.
Instant alerts can also be sent to your smartphone.
All objects with a temperature above absolute zero emit thermal
radiation, even at low levels.
This kind of radiation, invisible to the human eye, can be detected by
thermal imaging sensors.
Thermal Cameras can produce images in
the visual spectrum by detecting temperature differences between
an object and its surroundings. The larger the difference, the bigger
the contrast variety, making details visible. Thermal cameras can be used for applications in more
challenging environments to detect people and fire.
Our partner Avigilon released ACC 7 video management software featuring Focus of Attention, a cutting-edge user interface for live video monitoring. It uses AI-powered self-learning analytics and Unusual Motion Detection technologies to help ensure critical events don't go unnoticed. Over 5 million people trust ALARM.COM installation partners such as Reed Security to protect their homes and businesses. From one single smartphone app you can control your smart security system, smart lights, smart locks, smart garage doors, smart thermostat, HD cameras, wi-fi doorbell camera and more...
COMING SOON: 16 channel commercial Stream Video Recorder
Alarm.com's video analytics engine provides an intelligent new layer of security and awareness for home and business owners.
Object classification and object tracking technology can distinguish between People, Vehicles and Animals, determine an object's direction of movement, and measure the duration of activity. Alarm.com subscribers can selectively control and manage notifications and assign virtual zones and multi-directional "tripwires" so they can monitor their properties for highly specific activity.
*Vehicles coming and going: Know when a vehicle stops outside your home during the daytime, or if a vehicle leaves unexpectedly overnight.
*Lingering Visitors: Get a video alert if someone lingers by your front door, but not when the mail is delivered.
*Pet Protection: Know which neighbor's dog has been visiting your lawn. Know immediately if your own pet bends the rules and naps on the couch when you're at work.
*Automated Deterrence: Set your lights and other home automation scenes to turn on when a person enters your backyard, but not when an animal enters.
*Vendor Validation: Business managers can confirm that a delivery truck pulled into the loading dock, but won't be notified each time a customer exits the building.
NOW AVAILABLE: Video analytics now work with ADC-V522IR indoor wi-fi camera, ADC-722W wi-fi bullet camera, ADC-VC726 poe mini bullet camera, ADC-VC736 poe bullet camera, ADC-VC826 poe dome camera and ADC-VC836 poe turret camera. Requires a video analytics plan subscription.
SHIPPING SOON: Interlogix Simon XTi5i has a an updated display that matches with the Alarm.com app. Now supports 80 wireless zones.
Ring.com displays a solar powered security camera. Perfect where no power is available. Not available for sale yet on their web site.
The smartest security and automation on the block goes commercial.
Our partner Qolsys now has a UL 1610 Certification for Commercial Burglar detection. This cutting-edge system is the perfect solution for small businesses!
Features include: 7" HD touchscreen, up to four partitions, screen lock, 6-digit passcodes, support for PowerG sensors (industry best range of 1.6km open air), disarm photos and secondary keypads.
The 2.3 Commercial software update also enables Alarm.com for Business, the industry’s leading interactive services platform integrating smart business security, access control, smart video monitoring and energy management technology.
Our top-rated Alarm.com apps make it easy to manage your smart home or monitor your business with everything connected into a single, intuitive interface. Trusted by millions, the Alarm.com app integrates your security system, connected devices and more into a reliable, easy and smart experience.
Control your whole home from a single screen. Whether you’re at work, on vacation or just relaxing in front of the TV, Alarm.com’s mobile app puts your home’s security, access and comfort at your fingertips. Secure your home, dim the lights, view alerts, watch live video and even answer the door with just a few clicks on your mobile device or tablet.
#alarm.com #smarthome #smartbusiness #reedsecurity