To Our People - Clients, Dealers, Staff and Community,
At Reed Security we're paying attention to the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. It's unsettling and share the same concerns as you.
We have increased measures to Reduce the Spread. We encourage you to consult these trusted sources before making
any decisions or disseminating any information:
- As of today none of our employees have traveled to a country or area
with an “Active Travel Health Notice” per Public Health Canada. If an employee did we would not allow the person to return to work until the
end of the mandatory government recommended self-quarantine - which is
currently 14 days.
- If you (employee) travel outside of Saskatchewan please consult a government
website to assess the risk level and current protocols for your trip and
return. All travel outside of Saskatchewan should be disclosed to the
office for the safety of all employees and our clients.
- If you (employee) are faced with self-isolation and do not have adequate
supplies please let us know and we will do our best to assist you.
- If you have upper-respiratory symptoms (headache, coughing, fever,
other flu-like symptoms), please notify us and stay home; and we recommend
you consult a doctor and a trusted information source to determine
the best next steps.
- As of today most clinics and doctors offices request that you call
first if you think you have COVID-19 so that they can be prepared for
- Please do not come to work within 24 hours of having symptoms of a
cold or flu.
- If a household member is symptomatic, but unconfirmed COVID-19
please consult a professional and use your best discretion in deciding
when it’s safe to return to work.
- Should you (employee) require self-isolation or extended time off for illness
please contact Employment Canada about benefits.
- If you (employee) are confronted with someone who is COVID-19 symptomatic please
maintain a safe distance of at least 2 meters or 6 feet, as always you
have the right to refuse work that you think is unsafe.
- While we are extremely happy with the job our cleaning staff does
we have requested they increase their current cleaning to include
wiping down public surfaces with alcohol based wipes.
- Our goal is to reduce the staff in the office at any given time by 20%. Please discuss work from home or reduced in office days with your manager.
REDUCE THE SPREAD
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20
seconds, and especially after using the restroom and before eating.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wherever available.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, or other personal contact.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a
tissue or your bend of your elbow.
- Wipe down your cell phone with alcohol based wipe several times
- Once per day wipe down public surfaces with an alcohol based wipes.
This includes the front counter, light switches, door knobs, proximity card readers,
and security system keypads.
- Everyone (including clients) is required to wash their hands before
and after using our boardroom.
- Do not share computers, desks or phones.
- Where possible do not share tools or van space.
- Anyone can be denied entry into our office, or asked to leave the
office if they are displaying symptoms that make our staff feel unsafe, a
sign will be posted to indicate this at the front door of our office.
INCREASED FIELD STAFF MEASURES MARCH 16TH, 2020
- Field staff are our sales representatives and technicians.
- Field staff are to have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes with them.
- Field staff should wash or sanitize our hands Before, During and After a site visit.
- Technicians should wipe down equipment that multiple people touch at the end of an installation. (i.e Keypads, Proximity Card Readers, Monitors, Keyboards, Mouse’s, etc.)
- Field staff are to ensure they are not exhibiting any symptoms as outlined by the trusted sources listed above before coming to work.
- Do not come to work within 24 hours of experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you traveled outside of Saskatchewan, you must disclose it to management.
- Do not share vehicles as much as possible.
- Wipe down steering wheels, gear shifters, keys, radios, interior door handles, etc… with disinfectant wipes regularly.
- If you have a cough or sneeze, please remove yourself from the area, cough/sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your elbow. Wash/sanitize your hands (especially in the presence of others).
UPDATED COVID-19 MEASURES MARCH 16TH, 2020
- All employees are to stay at least one meter apart.
- Please wash your hands before entering and after exiting the lunch room and board room.
- All employees are to eat lunch at their desks. You may use the lunch room to prepare or store your lunch but no lingering.
- Daily huddles and weekly meetings should take place via Zoom app if you cannot maintain the one meter safe distance.
- We are wiping down of all “public” surfaces once per day. All office should help (we have a checklist).
Employees that have been approved to work from home must submit the following:
- A photo of their home work space including the computer/technology you plan to use at home.
- Confirmation you can access your desktop computer via ZOHO Assist. Geoff and Garrett can help you set this up.
- Confirmation of how you intend to take and make phone calls.
i.e. my cell number is this please forward calls to my cell and I will call people back from my cell
- No files, paper or inventory should be removed from the office. If you require a document SCAN IT and SAVE IT to your Office 365 One Drive.
- Sales Team can take documentation you are actively working on home, but you must leave an itemized list on your desk of what you are removing from the office.
Permanent Work Changes:
- All contracts, maps, security drawings, JIFC Forms and client related paperwork are to be scanned and uploaded to the client MKS file. If you need a reminder how to do this please ask.
- Use ZOHO Assist to access your Desktop PC remotely.
- All WO and WO related materials should be photographed and emailed to the office to be stored digitally in the client MKS file.
Temporary Work Changes:
- The Admin Team will continue to file, however we will file in a weekly rotation i.e. new empty bin will be put out each Monday subsequently the old bin will be removed and filed sometime that week. This is to allow a 48 hour “cooling off" period for all files.
- If you require a file that is in a bin please wash or sanitize your hands before and after looking for the file.
- If you require a file that is at another employee's desk please have them have them retrieve it for you. If this isn't possible please wash or sanitize your hands before and after looking for the file.
The Management Team at Reed Security is reviewing the situation daily. We will provide additional updates when available.
Today Reed Security is officially celebrating our 20th Anniversary!
When we started on March 10th, 2000 the security industry was booming and the competition was fierce. The big companies had successful door to door programs and the telephone company (SaskTel) started in the security business. 20 years later the door to door programs are still persistent and even more telephone companies (Bell, Telus/ADT) offer home and business smart security. The competition has never been greater!
"I'm proud of the business we've (not I) built. 20 years ago nobody knew who we were and we had 0 (zero) customers. Today, 5000+ homes and businesses trust Reed Security for their protection. We are a strong LOCAL brand you can Trust. What makes us different? Easy, it's our People, Culture and sense of Community!
Thank you to our Clients for supporting us for 20 years. Without you we wouldn't exist.
Thank you to all our People - staff and dealers for Caring for each other and our Clients. You make it easy.
Looking forward to another 20!"
#wecare #community #thankful
Every year 30,000+ Security Geeks (oops...Gurus) attend the biggest security expo in North America - ISCWest. Charge!
We connected with suppliers to negotiate the best pricing and brought the latest smart home and smart business technology back for our Clients and Dealers. Would you rather deal with the Dinosaurs that never change or the People that believe in Innovation?
The biggest advantages of using these sister product lines are integration and one app to control your security solutions. True convenience!
Senior Account Executive, Geoff Assman (right), connected with Kantech Field Application Specialist, Tom Giftochristos, to review the new features in Kantech EntraPass v8.0 including mobile app enhancements and a redesigned web interface. NEW: Reed Security now offers Kantech Hattrix cloud-based access control. No server or up front software costs + no backups required. Conveniently manage your locations from your smartphone or desktop. Requires high-speed internet at the secured premises. Contact us for pricing details. Automatic Systems has a fence barrier solution that ties into keyless entry systems. Restrict traffic in and out of your compound. Check out the video. We visited our partner HIKvision with our Brand Ambassadors, Rain and Meadow. What's more fun than demoing HIKCentral Management software on four 65" screens?
HikCentral is a video business intelligence solution that provides features such as facial recognition, face matching and searching and people counting. Businesses can improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
Using deep learning technology, AcuSense detects humans and vehicles and filters out unwanted false alarms.
When a human or vehicle is detected a strobe light and audible alarm are triggered - a huge deterrence for unwanted visitors.
Instant alerts can also be sent to your smartphone.
All objects with a temperature above absolute zero emit thermal
radiation, even at low levels.
This kind of radiation, invisible to the human eye, can be detected by
thermal imaging sensors.
Thermal Cameras can produce images in
the visual spectrum by detecting temperature differences between
an object and its surroundings. The larger the difference, the bigger
the contrast variety, making details visible. Thermal cameras can be used for applications in more
challenging environments to detect people and fire.
Our partner Avigilon released ACC 7 video management software featuring Focus of Attention, a cutting-edge user interface for live video monitoring. It uses AI-powered self-learning analytics and Unusual Motion Detection technologies to help ensure critical events don't go unnoticed. Over 5 million people trust ALARM.COM installation partners such as Reed Security to protect their homes and businesses. From one single smartphone app you can control your smart security system, smart lights, smart locks, smart garage doors, smart thermostat, HD cameras, wi-fi doorbell camera and more...
COMING SOON: 16 channel commercial Stream Video Recorder
Alarm.com's video analytics engine provides an intelligent new layer of security and awareness for home and business owners.
Object classification and object tracking technology can distinguish between People, Vehicles and Animals, determine an object's direction of movement, and measure the duration of activity. Alarm.com subscribers can selectively control and manage notifications and assign virtual zones and multi-directional "tripwires" so they can monitor their properties for highly specific activity.
*Vehicles coming and going: Know when a vehicle stops outside your home during the daytime, or if a vehicle leaves unexpectedly overnight.
*Lingering Visitors: Get a video alert if someone lingers by your front door, but not when the mail is delivered.
*Pet Protection: Know which neighbor's dog has been visiting your lawn. Know immediately if your own pet bends the rules and naps on the couch when you're at work.
*Automated Deterrence: Set your lights and other home automation scenes to turn on when a person enters your backyard, but not when an animal enters.
*Vendor Validation: Business managers can confirm that a delivery truck pulled into the loading dock, but won't be notified each time a customer exits the building.
NOW AVAILABLE: Video analytics now work with ADC-V522IR indoor wi-fi camera, ADC-722W wi-fi bullet camera, ADC-VC726 poe mini bullet camera, ADC-VC736 poe bullet camera, ADC-VC826 poe dome camera and ADC-VC836 poe turret camera. Requires a video analytics plan subscription.
SHIPPING SOON: Interlogix Simon XTi5i has a an updated display that matches with the Alarm.com app. Now supports 80 wireless zones.
Ring.com displays a solar powered security camera. Perfect where no power is available. Not available for sale yet on their web site.
The smartest security and automation on the block goes commercial.
Our partner Qolsys now has a UL 1610 Certification for Commercial Burglar detection. This cutting-edge system is the perfect solution for small businesses!
Features include: 7" HD touchscreen, up to four partitions, screen lock, 6-digit passcodes, support for PowerG sensors (industry best range of 1.6km open air), disarm photos and secondary keypads.
The 2.3 Commercial software update also enables Alarm.com for Business, the industry’s leading interactive services platform integrating smart business security, access control, smart video monitoring and energy management technology.
After spending years working at Future Shop (Best Buy) and ADT Security I decided to go out on my own and launch a security company in Saskatoon, SK. I was 26 years old and had a lot of enthusiasm, but was really naive on how to start and run a business.
It was pretty tough in the early years (2000) and I failed a lot. I was determined to succeed - even when our accountant at the time suggested otherwise "sometimes you have to give up your dream" he said.
Today Reed Security services thousands of clients across the prairies from our head office and dealerships in Saskatoon, Prince Albert, Regina and Calgary. We've received 20+ Award Recognitions for Customer Service, Management Quality, Marketing, New Direction, Young Entrepreneur and Small Business of the Year.
In this podcast I share how I failed, how I overcame challenges, and how WE Built Reed Security into the successful brand it is today.
Interviewed by Paul Grossinger, Group Publisher of Annex Business Media (SP&T News)
We coach dealers on how to GROW their security businesses! Dealer Opportunities available across Canada.
Authorized Dealer Site
Check 1-2 Audio & Security Ltd. has sold its security monitoring services to Reed Security.
Garrett Nesbitt has accepted the position of Support and Service Manager at Reed Security.
You will be in great hands! Reed Security has received 20+ Award Recognitions for the way we look after People (Customer Service, Quality Management, Marketing, New Direction, and Small Business of the Year). To learn more about the company visit please explore our web site.
No major changes are planned, however we will be seeking feedback from you on how we can continue to deliver a great experience.
Check 1-2 Audio & Security Ltd.
Support & Service Manager
306.653.3200 or email@example.com
SUPPORT & SERVICE INQUIRIES
306.653.3200 or support.reedsecurity.com
ADMINISTRATION & ACCOUNTING INQUIRIES
306.653.3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
24/7 MONITORING STATIONS