IF YOU HAVE A FIRE ALARM SYSTEM OR FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM AT YOUR BUILDING - YOU WILL BE IMPACTED.
WHAT TYPES OF BUILDINGS WILL BE IMPACTED?
- Most buildings with fire alarm systems or fire sprinkler systems.
- Apartment Buildings
- Condominium Buildings
- High Rise Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Educational Buildings, Schools
- Public Buildings - Arenas, Stadiums, Performance Venues, Movie Theaters
- Hospitals, Care Homes
- Prisons, Jails
FIRE ALARM MONITORING 101
- Fire alarm systems are designed to detect a fire in your building and alert the occupants to evacuate.
- Fire sprinkler systems are similar and have the added ability to suppress a fire.
- Neither has the ability to alert the Fire Department of a fire at your building - unless you add a fire monitoring system and 24/7 ULC Monitoring service plan with Fire Alarm, Fire Trouble and Fire Supervisory detection.
- A Reed Security ULC Certified technician can install a fire alarm monitoring transmitter that meets the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard.
BRANDS WE MONITOR
- Johnson Controls, JCI
- Silent Knight
- Simplex Grinnell
- Troy Life & Fire Safety
- United Technologies
WHAT IS CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- It's the fire monitoring standard written by the Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- It's the standard that is referenced in Building Codes and Fire Codes.
- It provides maximum protection and safety.
- It governs how fire monitoring equipment is installed, how it communicates and how its maintained.
- It governs how 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations are built and how they receive signals from your building.
WHY DO YOU NEED CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- Fire Departments across Saskatchewan, including the Saskatoon Fire Department, are now enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- Building Inspectors and Fire Inspectors are performing random inspections and will request to see your ULC Certificate.
- Most properties WILL NOT have a ULC Certificate (as the standard was not enforced in Saskatchewan until recently).
- If you cannot produce a ULC Certificate there will be a deficiency placed against your building and you will be provided some time to get obtain one.
- Failure to produce a ULC Certificate can result in large fines and delayed building occupancy.
- The ULC Certificate is the only physical proof that your site meets the ULC Standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- If your security alarm provider CANNOT issue a ULC Certificate they are not providing ULC-level monitoring.
- Reed Security is ULC Certified for both installation and monitoring; Reed Security can issue a ULC Certificate.
- CONTACT US today for your no obligation fire monitoring evaluation.
"CES2019 SECURITY PRODUCT OF THE YEAR"
Smart Signal gives you a direct connection to Reed Security's 24/7 Monitoring Stations from anywhere, using only your Alarm.com app.
Smart Signal has simple emergency buttons within your Alarm.com app. These buttons let you quickly verify an alarm at your property to expedite emergency response, cancel a false alarm easily, or send a PANIC signal from your home or business if you discover an emergency yourself.
Smart Signal's CANCEL and VERIFY buttons only appear in alarm events. To confirm or verify the alarm, all you'll need to do is HOLD the relevant button for three seconds.
You can also trigger a PANIC signal for HELP! in a broad range of emergencies.
To enable Smart Signal or for more information on Smart Home/Business solutions please contact Reed Security or a Reed Security Authorized Dealer.
SASKATOON SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE (7233)
PRINCE ALBERT SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
CALGARY SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES
REGINA SMART HOME/BUSINESS INQUIRIES