IF YOU HAVE A FIRE ALARM SYSTEM OR FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM AT YOUR BUILDING - YOU WILL BE IMPACTED.
WHAT TYPES OF BUILDINGS WILL BE IMPACTED?
- Most buildings with fire alarm systems or fire sprinkler systems.
- Apartment Buildings
- Condominium Buildings
- High Rise Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Educational Buildings, Schools
- Public Buildings - Arenas, Stadiums, Performance Venues, Movie Theaters
- Hospitals, Care Homes
- Prisons, Jails
FIRE ALARM MONITORING 101
- Fire alarm systems are designed to detect a fire in your building and alert the occupants to evacuate.
- Fire sprinkler systems are similar and have the added ability to suppress a fire.
- Neither has the ability to alert the Fire Department of a fire at your building - unless you add a fire monitoring system and 24/7 ULC Monitoring service plan with Fire Alarm, Fire Trouble and Fire Supervisory detection.
- A Reed Security ULC Certified technician can install a fire alarm monitoring transmitter that meets the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard.
BRANDS WE MONITOR
- Johnson Controls, JCI
- Silent Knight
- Simplex Grinnell
- Troy Life & Fire Safety
- United Technologies
WHAT IS CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- It's the fire monitoring standard written by the Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- It's the standard that is referenced in Building Codes and Fire Codes.
- It provides maximum protection and safety.
- It governs how fire monitoring equipment is installed, how it communicates and how its maintained.
- It governs how 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations are built and how they receive signals from your building.
WHY DO YOU NEED CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- Fire Departments across Saskatchewan, including the Saskatoon Fire Department, are now enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- Building Inspectors and Fire Inspectors are performing random inspections and will request to see your ULC Certificate.
- Most properties WILL NOT have a ULC Certificate (as the standard was not enforced in Saskatchewan until recently).
- If you cannot produce a ULC Certificate there will be a deficiency placed against your building and you will be provided some time to get obtain one.
- Failure to produce a ULC Certificate can result in large fines and delayed building occupancy.
- The ULC Certificate is the only physical proof that your site meets the ULC Standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- If your security alarm provider CANNOT issue a ULC Certificate they are not providing ULC-level monitoring.
- Reed Security is ULC Certified for both installation and monitoring; Reed Security can issue a ULC Certificate.
- CONTACT US today for your no obligation fire monitoring evaluation.