Virgil Reed, Heidi Dutton, Sharon Riese, Kurtis Riese
Detect Security Systems has sold its security monitoring services to Reed Security.
You will be in great hands! Reed Security has received 20+ Award Recognitions for the way we look after People (Customer Service, Quality Management, Marketing, New Direction, and Small Business of the Year).
Our local dealer in P.A. is Thor Security Ltd. and the office is located at 1-243 South Industrial Drive. Myron and Oyvind look forward to serving you!
No major changes are planned, however we will be seeking feedback from you on how we can continue to deliver a great experience.
Detect Security Systems
1.844.384.SAFE (7233) or email@example.com
SUPPORT & SERVICE INQUIRIES
1.844.384.SAFE (7233) or support.reedsecurity.com
ADMINISTRATION & ACCOUNTING INQUIRIES
1.844.384.SAFE (7233) or firstname.lastname@example.org
24/7 MONITORING STATIONS
After spending years working at Future Shop (Best Buy) and ADT Security I decided to go out on my own and launch a security company in Saskatoon, SK. I was 26 years old and had a lot of enthusiasm, but was really naive on how to start and run a business.
It was pretty tough in the early years (2000) and I failed a lot. I was determined to succeed - even when our accountant at the time suggested otherwise "sometimes you have to give up your dream" he said.
Today Reed Security services thousands of clients across the prairies from our head office and dealerships in Saskatoon, Prince Albert, Regina and Calgary. We've received 20+ Award Recognitions for Customer Service, Management Quality, Marketing, New Direction, Young Entrepreneur and Small Business of the Year.
In this podcast I share how I failed, how I overcame challenges, and how WE Built Reed Security into the successful brand it is today.
Interviewed by Paul Grossinger, Group Publisher of Annex Business Media (SP&T News)
We coach dealers on how to GROW their security businesses! Dealer Opportunities available across Canada.
Authorized Dealer Site
It makes us all sick to our stomach when we hear about a
child being abducted. For a Battleford’s area family it’s been a roller coaster
after their running vehicle with their six year old daughter in it was stolen on Sunday. An
AMBERT ALERT was issued and many of us shared it in our news feeds on social
media trying to help any way we could. My wife Heidi and I thought of all the
clients we had in the Battleford’s area with HD Security Cameras that we could
ask to check for footage. The family made a tearful video appeal asking for the
return of their daughter with no questions asked.
It is a Happy Monday because the AMBER ALERT was cancelled
as their daughter was safely found by a city worker in an industrial area. Prayers were answered and our
worst fears were avoided. It appears to be a crime of opportunity. It’s
possible the suspect(s) didn’t know there was a passenger in the vehicle.
So, what can we learn from this?
1. REDUCE OPPORTUNITIES
After running a security business for nearly two decades and
visiting multiple crime scenes I can tell you that most crimes are crimes of
opportunity. If you want to reduce crime, you need to control the odds and take
away the opportunities. This means taking active precautions such as locking
doors and windows, having proper lighting at night, and installing a security
system. You are 400% less likely to have a break-in by taking action.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA WORKS
Many parents went to social media and shared news about the
AMBER ALERT including photos of the abducted child and the vehicle that was
stolen. It wasn’t just the RCMP working on their own anymore. Thousands of
additional eyes and ears across the prairies were actively spreading the word
and creating awareness. It certainly made it difficult for the suspects(s) to
hide. Did it play a role in the decision to return the child safely? The
investigation will tell the story.
Social Media also works when you share video footage from HD
Security Cameras. Next time you experience a theft make sure you contact the
POLICE and share images on FaceBook and Instagram. You never know who will
recognize the suspect(s).
PUBLISHED BY SASKATOON POLICE
Remember those lip sync challenges going around amongst Police Services over the last month or so? We do, and at the time we heard from many in our community that we should be getting involved – so we did!
And in line with the philosophy that all great things take time, we’re excited to present our lip sync video of Backstreet Boys' I want it that Way, including a scene re-enactment from Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
We weren’t officially challenged from a Police Service so we won’t be throwing down any challenges ourselves, but if anyone thinks they can one up our efforts, feel free!
Special thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, especially the sworn and civilian members that volunteered their holidays, days off and lunch hours to make this possible.
The SPS does not own any rights to the script, lyrics or music by Brooklyn Nine-Nine scene or the Backstreet Boys.
Shot and Edited by Sik Pics Productions.
Property that has two or more tenants is considered a multi-tenant property. This could be retail, industrial, office, condominium or an apartment building. Managing the security systems of multi-tenant properties can be a challenge for landlords and property managers - especially if the security systems are from different security providers.
We have extensive experience designing centrally managed security systems for housing authorities, property management companies, landlords, housing co-operatives, REITs, development companies and condominium corporations. Our security systems are remotely managed via easy-to-use central management software and high speed internet connections.
Instead of going to the property every time you need to change an access code or retrieve the footage from a security camera for the Police, you can login with apps for your PC, tablet or smartphone. This is a huge time saver! We can manage the security of your properties for you when you subscribe to a Concierge Service Plan.
We design layered security solutions that will save you time and money. The amount of security layers we implement are based on your needs and budget.
- Reduces Theft, Provides Accountability, Restricts Access
- Burglar, Fire, Medical, Temperature, Flood
- 24/7 ULC Monitoring service with POLICE and FIRE dispatch; Call List notification
- 3G/4G ALARM.COM Cellular Signaling – no phone line required
- Control with your PC / MAC / Android / iPhone / iPad
- User Code Control and User Reports via apps
- Instant Alerts via text and email
- Reduces Theft, Restricts Access
- Control Who Goes Where and When
- Control Doors, Elevators, Gates
- No More Keys to replace – delete users instantly
- HINT: Charge tenants a $20 refundable deposit for access keytags/cards
- Programmable schedules – weekday, weekend, holidays
- Optional: Intercom - Telephone-based or I.P. based
- Intercom Master Station at main entrance, NO tenant stations
- HINT: Save $$$ by not running wires to every suite
- Intercom Dials landline or cell phone, Door Release from phone
- Access programming on your PC / Android / iPhone / iPad
LAYER 3: REEDHD™ SECURITY CAMERAS
- Reduces Theft, Provides Accountability
- 1080P to 12MP HD (4x to 39x better quality than standard definition)
- HINT: Mount entrance cameras at 5 feet from the ground to Record Faces
- Records 24/7; providing video evidence of activities for 10 to 60+ days
- Access to cameras on your PC / MAC / Android / iPhone / iPad
- HINT: Do NOT use wireless, use wired only
- Reduces Theft, Reduces Liability, Provides Accountability, Fire Protection
- Intervention while a crime is in progress – catch intruders in the act
- Intervention while a fire is in progress – reduce losses
- POLICE and FIRE dispatch; Call List notification
- 25% to 50% Less expensive than security guards
- Approved by Insurance Companies as an alternative to Night Watchman
LAYER 5: FIRE SYSTEM MONITORING
- In 2018 Fire Departments across Saskatchewan started enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561 national standard
- Fire Inspectors or contracted Fire Protection System companies will be ask you for your CAN/ULC-S561 certificate
- The majority of buildings will not meet this national standard and upgrades will be required to obtain a CAN/ULC-S561 certificate
- Failure to present proper documentation will result in deficiencies and can delay occupancy until the deficiencies have been remedied
- Fire systems must be monitored by 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations
- 2 paths of communication: Phone line + cellular communication
- Security Company must attend site within 4 hours
If you would like more information on centrally managed security systems that can save you time and money - We Can Help!
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE SECURITY EVALUATION
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE