The 5 BIGGEST Trends
For 16 Years Reed Security has helped Families Feel Safe and Businesses Grow Their Bottom Line. We're industry leaders and pride ourselves in making sure our clients stay informed and have access to the latest cutting-edge technology. Here's what you need to know:
1. BREAK-INS ARE INCREASING
- Many Police Departments have on-line Crime Mapping Tools that shows you where all the crime is.
- Over the past year Calgary had 9077 Break & Enters.
- Over the past year Saskatoon had 2290 Break & Enters.
- Over the past year Regina had 1599 Break & Enters.
- Over the past year Prince Albert had 505 Break & Enters.
2. NO PHONE LINES
- Due to the popularity of smartphones and affordability of high speed internet, Home Owners are choosing to drop their home phone lines.
- In fact, 1 in 3 homes no longer have a phone line and nearly 70% of Reed Security's new subscribers use Alarm.com 3G/4G cellular and I.P. signalling instead.
- Drop your home phone line today and save between $20 and $30 a month with your phone company.
3. HUGE WIRELESS RANGE
- The majority of home security systems are now wireless.
- No more drill holes, damaged electrical wires and pipes or cracked base-boards.
- The DSC Power Series NEO has a wireless range (between sensors and wireless transceiver) of 1.6 KM's and a battery life of 5 to 7 years.
4. ALARM.COM SMART SECURITY
- View system status, monitor activity at your property, watch live and recorded video, arm and disarm your system, set up user codes - all from easy-to-use web and mobile apps.
- Geo-Services uses your smartphone's location to take useful actions on your behalf. Imagine pulling up to your home on a dark night...and the lights were automatically turned on a few minutes before you arrive.
- HD Wi-Fi Doorbell. See your visitors in 1080p HD and 5x zoom. Check live view video feed from the app, or record clips automatically when the doorbell is pressed or motion is detected. Hear, and speak to the visitor at your door whether you’re at home, at work, or on the go. Replaces your existing wired doorbell. Requires Wi-Fi Connection.
- Automatic Door Locks. Lock or unlock your doors from a built-in keypad - a perfect solution for kids that keep losing house keys. Lock or unlock your doors and control the garage door from anywhere with our mobile app. Check on the status of your doors and garage and know if they’re secured or not. Get a reminder if you leave home and forget to close the garage door.
5. DOOR TO DOOR SCAMS
- Several alarm companies only have SUMMER PROGRAMS. Large crews of university students are hired and offered large commissions ($400 to $500 per contract) to get you to sign up.
- There's always a limited time offer and you are pressured to sign up right away.
- They target big cities and small towns and especially like senior citizens.
- Sales person won't leave even when you tell them to "Leave"
- Sales person won't leave when you tell them "No Thanks"
- Sales person won't leave when you say "I Already Have Your Products or Service"
- Sales person name drops the name of your neighbor and makes it sound like "they signed up" or "they bought one" or "they referred me to you"
- Sales person comes to the house several times and won't leave you alone
- These companies often don't have proper licensing or local service offices. LEARN MORE by Googling "door to door alarm scam".
- Always Get 3 Quotes from local security companies. Here's a comparison of current offers.
If you are having a problem with THEFT or MOVING TO A NEW HOME, we can Help!
Contact Us today for a FREE Security Evaluation