Break-in's increase during the summer. Use our checklist to keep the odds in your favour.
☐ 1. SHARE INFORMATION
- Create a WhatsApp group and let your neighbours know if there is unusual activity or crime on your block.
- Join your local Neighbourhood Group on Facebook and learn about recent activities.
eg: Stonebridge Neighbourhood Watch
- Share video and images from your doorbell camera or security cameras.
- Share information with the Police as it may help with an arrest.
☐ 2. DO NOT ADVERTISE YOU ARE AWAY
- Ask all strangers for identification. The person who is “lost” and looking for directions could actually be a burglar checking to see if someone is home.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or Instagram that you are travelling. You may think you’re letting your friends and family know you’re having a great time, but people often forget to change their privacy settings. If you like to post photos - post them after you get back.
☐ 3. KEEP YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS LOCKED
- Many burglars go door to door looking for targets that forgot to lock their front doors and car doors. Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- If you lose a key get the locks changed.
- A better alternative is to eliminate keys altogether by installing an Alarm.com smart lock with built in keypad.
- Install monitored door and window sensors.
- When your security system is "armed" an instant alert is sent to your smartphone and our 24/7 Monitoring Stations
- Some properties may require security roll shutters to keep intruders out
☐ 4. GET PROPER LIGHTING
- Burglars target unoccupied homes so keep your home well lit at night.
- Install exterior motion lights that turn on when there is movement.
- Install timers that turn lights, radios and televisions on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
- A better option is to install Alarm.com smart lights and smart appliance modules and setup on an alternating schedules.
☐ 5. INSTALL A SMART SECURITY SYSTEM
- $0 Smart Security packages range from $39.95/mo. to $79.95/mo.
- Protection against intrusion, fire, carbon monoxide, flood, low temperature and more
- No phone line required
- Alarm.com smartphone and desktop apps
- Includes 24/7 professional monitoring - our team is standing by
- 400% less likely to have a break-in
- Up to 20% of homeowners insurance - consult your insurance broker
☐ 6. INSTALL SMART CAMERAS
- Check on your property from Anywhere
- Get instant alerts when a person is at your property
- All events are recorded and can be used as evidence
- Secure your entire property in color 24/7 with our $0 ColorVu Camera Sale
PERONALIZE THE PERFECT SECURITY SYSTEM FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS.
Drop us a line and get a FREE QUOTE or skip the form and call us today
Reed Security Headquarters
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY
All of us have been impacted by COVID-19 and it's devastating. We will continue to do everything we can to keep our People and You safe.
The Government of Saskatchewan has released it's list of Critical Public Services and Allowable Businesses to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the complete list visit
Reed Security is an Allowable Business that provides security services including private security guards, monitoring or surveillance equipment and services.
We have implemented comprehensive measures to increase the safety of the People that matter most - our Families, our Staff and our Clients.
Even though Reed Security is considered an Allowable Business we have decided to close our office to visitors to Reduce the Spread. What does this mean?
- Maintaining Regular Business Hours - Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm CST
Many of our staff are working remotely from home (and spending a LOT of time with family).
Tel. 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE
- Residential Security Sales - We will continue to provide remote consultations and sales.
Book a Consultation
- Commercial Security Sales - We will continue to provide remote and on-site consultations and sales.
Book a Consultation
- Installations - We will continue to provide on-site installations.
Book an Installation
- Support/Service - We will continue to provide remote and on-site service.
Get Help or Book a Service Call
We have made "social distancing" arrangements if you need replacement parts, batteries, yard signs, etc.
- Administration/Accounting - We will continue to provide all functions.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us
- Alarm and Video Monitoring - We will continue to provide all notification service and dispatching.
We are paying attention to COVID-19 closely and will continue to update you on our operations.
#flattenthecurve #stayhome #socialdistancing