Break-in's increase during the summer. Use our checklist to keep the odds in your favour.
☐ 1. SHARE INFORMATION
- Create a WhatsApp group and let your neighbours know if there is unusual activity or crime on your block.
- Join your local Neighbourhood Group on Facebook and learn about recent activities.
eg: Stonebridge Neighbourhood Watch
- Share video and images from your doorbell camera or security cameras.
- Share information with the Police as it may help with an arrest.
☐ 2. DO NOT ADVERTISE YOU ARE AWAY
- Ask all strangers for identification. The person who is “lost” and looking for directions could actually be a burglar checking to see if someone is home.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or Instagram that you are travelling. You may think you’re letting your friends and family know you’re having a great time, but people often forget to change their privacy settings. If you like to post photos - post them after you get back.
☐ 3. KEEP YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS LOCKED
- Many burglars go door to door looking for targets that forgot to lock their front doors and car doors. Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- If you lose a key get the locks changed.
- A better alternative is to eliminate keys altogether by installing an Alarm.com smart lock with built in keypad.
- Install monitored door and window sensors.
- When your security system is "armed" an instant alert is sent to your smartphone and our 24/7 Monitoring Stations
- Some properties may require security roll shutters to keep intruders out
☐ 4. GET PROPER LIGHTING
- Burglars target unoccupied homes so keep your home well lit at night.
- Install exterior motion lights that turn on when there is movement.
- Install timers that turn lights, radios and televisions on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
- A better option is to install Alarm.com smart lights and smart appliance modules and setup on an alternating schedules.
☐ 5. INSTALL A SMART SECURITY SYSTEM
- $0 Smart Security packages range from $39.95/mo. to $79.95/mo.
- Protection against intrusion, fire, carbon monoxide, flood, low temperature and more
- No phone line required
- Alarm.com smartphone and desktop apps
- Includes 24/7 professional monitoring - our team is standing by
- 400% less likely to have a break-in
- Up to 20% of homeowners insurance - consult your insurance broker
☐ 6. INSTALL SMART CAMERAS
- Check on your property from Anywhere
- Get instant alerts when a person is at your property
- All events are recorded and can be used as evidence
- Secure your entire property in color 24/7 with our $0 ColorVu Camera Sale
PERONALIZE THE PERFECT SECURITY SYSTEM FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS.
Drop us a line and get a FREE QUOTE or skip the form and call us today
Reed Security Headquarters
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY
When you start your own business, there's plenty to keep you awake at night.
Did we choose the best location? How can we reach more customers? How are things looking at the business right now—as in: right now, at 10:30 PM?
When she opened beauty and skincare boutique Ivy Wild, Washington D.C. business owner Rachel Mulcahy worried about all of the above. After having a full suite of Alarm.com for Business security technology installed, however, Rachel found it easy to put security concerns to bed.
"With Alarm.com, it takes maybe five seconds to check in," Rachel says. "I don't have to wonder what's happening at the store. I can just know."
Here's how Alarm.com helps Rachel protect and run her business.
Smart alerts and video feeds keep Rachel in the know With smart security cameras inside and outside Ivy Wild, Rachel can have a 360° view of what's happening anytime—no matter where she is. Her Alarm.com for Business app lets her quickly view a live feed from any camera, or find a recorded video clip of something that happened earlier. "I feel like I can be at the store even when I'm not at the store," she says. "I can tap my app's video button and see the store indoors and out." Alarm.com also offers Rachel an array of notification options for keeping up with important activity. "I get a notification when the store is closed up and secure." she says. "I can get an alert if the store doesn't open on time. Alarm.com lets me know who arrived, and when. And if I get a notification that something is wrong, I can open my app and see exactly what's happening." Related: "Being in control means knowing what's happening. That's what Alarm.com gives me." Smart safeguards protect Ivy Wild's inventory
Ivy Wild carries high-quality cosmetics and products that could make an attractive target for thieves. Rachel rests easier knowing that her security system is professionally monitored. In the event of a break-in, local police will be alerted without Rachel needing to act. Additionally, Alarm.com offers Ivy Wild a range of automated safeguards to protect different aspects of the store. "For example, I'm not always here at the end of the day to lock up," Rachel says. "So, I have an Alarm.com rule that locks our smart lock, automatically, every day at closing time. Even Ivy Wild's smart thermostat helps protect things. "It would be a problem if the store got too hot," Rachel says. "We don't want our cosmetics getting overheated; it could degrade the quality. Fortunately, I can see and control the temperature from anywhere with my Alarm.com app. If things get too warm, I'll get a temperature alert. It's amazing to have Alarm.com take care of these things." Managing access for employees is easy—and more secure
Ivy Wild has four part-time employees, who all need to access the store at different times. With Alarm.com's smarter access control, that's easy. "I can quickly set up access for a new employee," says Rachel. "I go into my Alarm.com dashboard, set them up with a keycard, then specify the times and days on which they have access to the store. If anyone forgets their card—although it hasn't happened yet—I can unlock the door remotely with my app." Related: "With keyless access, Alarm.com for Business makes my life easier." As Ivy Wild grows, Rachel expects to rely on Alarm.com even more. "If we open another location, I'll want the same technology there," she says. "Being able to manage employee access for two stores, side by side, with each store's video feeds and activity alerts too, would be huge." "This is a security system but it does so much more," says Rachel. "I consider it an essential business tool—something every owner should have." Want Alarm.com for your business? Professionally delivered by Reed Security, Alarm.com for Business is the smartest way to upgrade your security, access control, video surveillance and energy management.
If you would like more information on Smart Home or Business Security & Automation please Contact Us for a Free Security Evaluation.
SASKATOON SECURITY INQUIRIES
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE (7233)
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY INQUIRIES
CALGARY SECURITY INQUIRIES
REGINA SECURITY INQUIRIES
When we agreed to sponsor wiegerscareforkids.ca we had no idea we would get an extra helper for the week.
@JimmyKimmel would be great if you can make it on June 1st, 2019
#kimmelcares #pattisonkids #community
@JimmyKimmel helps with a home security installation.
@JimmyKimmel helps with some filing of business security documents. He can't believe we are not fully automated yet. (Working on it).