It's that time of year when you will be getting pressured by door to door salespeople. They would like to sign you up to "limited time offer" that expires "right away". And before you know you know it you're on the hook for thousands of dollars. (This happens several thousand times each year).
- Sales person won't leave even when you tell them to "Leave"
- Sales person won't leave when you tell them "No Thanks"
- Sales person won't leave when you say "I Already Have Your Products or Service"
- Sales person name drops the name of your neighbor and makes it sound like "they signed up" or "they bought one" or "they referred me to you"
- Sales person comes to the house more than once
- Put Up Your Hand and "Say NO". Immediately close the door and the sales person will eventually leave.
- Tell them "You are Trespassing" and that you will call the BBB Better Business Bureau, Consumer Protection Branch and the Police if they do not leave.
Consumer Protection 1-877-880-5550
Saskatoon Police (306) 975-8300
RCMP (Saskatoon) (306) 975-5173 or call your Local Detachment
- Always Get 3 Quotes for whatever you consider purchasing. This gives you the time to gather information and to check if the "deal" being presented to you is the best option.
- Never Accept Quick Delivery of a product or service. This gives you a cooling off period and more time to gather facts.
- If you did proceed with the offer You Have 10 Days to Change Your Mind and CANCEL (and get a full refund). It's the Law in Saskatchewan.
- Don't Forget - You may already be in a contract for the products or services being offered to you.
If you would like more information on how Reed Security can help you or customize a security solution for you Click Here
THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS GENERAL CONSUMER ADVICE AND IS NOT INTENDED OR TARGETED TOWARDS ANY PARTICUALR PERSON OR COMPANY.