Use Reed Security's checklist to keep The Grinch away this holiday season.
☐ 1. SHARE INFORMATION
- Create a WhatsApp group and let your neighbours know if The Grinch has been in the area.
- Join your local Neighbourhood Group on Facebook and learn about recent activities.
eg: Stonebridge Neighbourhood Watch
- Share video and images from your doorbell camera or security cameras.
- Share information with the Police as it may help with an arrest.
☐ 2. DO NOT ADVERTISE YOU ARE AWAY
- Ask all strangers for identification. The person who is “lost” and looking for directions could actually be The Grinch checking to see if someone is home.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or Instagram that you are travelling. You may think you’re letting your friends and family know you’re having a great time, but people often forget to change their privacy settings. If you like to post photos - post them after you get back.
☐ 3. LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS
- The Grinch targets unlocked doors - including vehicle doors. Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- If you lose a key get the locks changed.
- A better alternative is to eliminate keys altogether by installing an Alarm.com smart lock with built in keypad.
- Install monitored door and window sensors.
- When your security system is "armed" an instant alert is sent to your smartphone and our 24/7 Monitoring Stations.
- Some properties may require security roll shutters to keep intruders out.
☐ 4. KEEP THE LIGHTS ON
- The Grinch targets unoccupied homes - so keep your home well lit at night.
- Install exterior motion lights that turn on when there is movement.
- Install timers to turn on lights, radios and televisions on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
- A better option is to install Alarm.com smart lights and smart plug modules - setup on alternating schedules.
☐ 5. INSTALL A SMART SECURITY SYSTEM
- $0 Smart Security systems range from $39.99 to $89.99 a month
- Protection against intrusion, fire, carbon monoxide, flood, low temperature and more...
- Elegant touch screen and hub for home automation devices
- Control with Alarm.com smartphone and desktop apps
- Includes 24/7 professional monitoring
- 400% less likely to have a break-in
- Up to 20% off homeowners insurance - consult your insurance company
☐ 6. INSTALL SMART CAMERAS
- The Grinch avoids homes with outdoor security cameras
- Get instant alerts when The Grinch or a visitor is at your property
- Check on your property from Anywhere
- All events are recorded and can be used as evidence
- Secure your entire property in color 24/7 with our $0 ColorVu Camera Sale
PERONALIZE THE PERFECT SECURITY SYSTEM FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS.
Contact us for a FREE QUOTE or skip the form and call us today:
Reed Security Headquarters
Nine Yards Technologies
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY
#securitytips #homesecurity #businesssecurity #reedsecurity