SASKATOON HAS SOME OF THE HIGHEST CRIME RATES IN CANADA
The Saskatoon Police Service
has an on-line Crime Mapping Tool
that shows where all the crime is. Over the past year we had 1099 Residential B&Es, 814 Business B&Es and 377 Other B&Es
for a total of 2290 Break & Enters.
How to Feel SafeUse Common Sense:
- If you lose a key, get the locks changed.
- Ask all strangers for identification.
- Never hide an extra key outdoor - especially underneath a mat or on top of a light fixture. This is the first place the bad guys look. Leave an extra house key with a friend or a neighbor.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or other social media that you are on vacation.
- For insurance purposes take photos of the contents of your home.
- Keep all receipts in a safe and easy to find location.
- Write down the model and serial number of all electronics.
Make it Difficult:
- Door chains are easy to bypass. Install deadbolts. Even better, install an ALARM.COM Smart Lock.
- Install a stopper or stick on all sliding doors and windows.
- Install window bars on all basement windows.
- Make sure all doors and windows are properly locked.
- Keep your premises well lit at night.
- Install timers that turn lights on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home. Even better, install ALARM.COM Light and Lamp Modules.
Install a monitored Smart Security system:
- 400% less likely to have a break-in.
- up to 25% insurance discount.
- No Phone Line required when you have ALARM.COM
- optional ALARM.COM e-mail notifications.
- optional ALARM.COM automatic lights, locks and thermostat control from your smartphone.
- optional ReedHD Hi-Def Video Cameras - 10x more detail
In case you do have a Break-in:
- If it looks like a door or window was forced open, DO NOT go inside. The Burglar may still be on site.
- Call the Police from your cell phone or from a neighbor's house and wait.
Source: Department of Justice, Statistics Canada, Saskatoon Police Service, FBI, Insurance Institute of Canada
Note: Data range is May 2015 to May 2016.
FREE QUOTES IN SASKATOON...306.653.3200
FREE QUOTES IN PRINCE ALBERT...306.922.7200
FREE QUOTES IN CALGARY...COMING SOON