Break-in's increase during the summer. Use our checklist to keep the odds in your favour.
☐ 1. SHARE INFORMATION
- Let your neighbours know if there is unusual activity or crime on your block.
- Join your local Neighbourhood Group on Facebook and learn about recent activities.
eg: Stonebridge Neighbourhood Watch
- Share video and images from your doorbell camera or security cameras.
- Share information with the Police as it may help with an arrest.
☐ 2. BE SMART
- Ask all strangers for identification. The person who is “lost” and looking for directions could actually be a burglar checking to see if someone is home.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or Instagram that you are travelling. You may think you’re letting your friends and family know you’re having a great time, but people often forget to change their privacy settings. If you like to post photos - post them after you get back.
☐ 3. LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS
- Many burglars go door to door looking for targets that forgot to lock their front doors and car doors. Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- If you lose a key get the locks changed.
- A better alternative is to eliminate keys altogether by installing an Alarm.com smart lock with built in keypad.
- Install monitored door and window sensors.
- When your security system is "armed" an instant alert is sent to your smartphone and our 24/7 Monitoring Stations
☐ 4. USE PROPPER LIGHTING
- Burglars target unoccupied homes so keep your home well lit at night.
- Install timers that turn lights, radios and televisions on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
- A better option is to install Alarm.com smart lights and smart appliance modules and setup on an alternating schedules.
☐ 5. INSTALL A SMART SECURITY SYSTEM
- $0 Smart Security packages range from $34.95/mo. to $79.95/mo.
- Protection against intrusion, fire, carbon monoxide, flood, low temperature and more
- No phone line required
- Alarm.com smartphone and desktop apps
- 400% less likely to have a break-in
- Up to 20% of homeowners insurance - consult your insurance broker
☐ 6. INSTALL SMART CAMERAS
- Check on your property from Anywhere, Anytime with a doorbell camera
- Get instant alerts when a person is at the front door
- Speak to visitors
- All events are recorded and can be used as evidence
- Secure your entire property in color 24/7 with our $0 ColorVu Camera Sale
CUSTOMISE THE PERFECT SECURITY SYSTEM FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS.
Reed Security Headquarters
306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE (7233)
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY
#supportlocal #shoplocal #wecare #servicematters #reedsecurity